Welcome to the new year! As we leave behind 2022 and look ahead to the future, many of us feel inspired to make positive changes in our lives and become the best versions of ourselves.
Everyone wants to get in shape as January approaches, but if you’re currently in pain or limited in your movement and functionality, you may be working twice as hard to reach your goals. Don’t let pain or dysfunction slow you down or hold you back - address it FIRST so you can clear the obstacles standing in your way.
In 2023, you don’t have to stay on the sidelines and watch others step up. You can get in the game. This can be your year. That means creating the right patterns and routines. It means reorganizing priorities. It means addressing dysfunctions and challenges. And it starts with physical therapy.
How to Set Yourself Up for Wellness Success in 2023
This year, put the right pieces in place to ensure success.
Don’t push your body into running programs or workout routines without seeing what your body is capable of and what form will help you go the distance. Your physical therapy partners at Park North PT offer a functional screening process to help you get the answers you’re looking for.
When it comes to running, we have a Digitsole analysis that gives you incredible insights into your running gait and performance. For core work and weightlifting, we now offer Kinotech screenings which assess your range of motion for different movements and then print out the report of your functional score that compares the norm against where you are in terms of function or dysfunction.
If you're looking to create a “new you” in the new year, here are additional tips to get started.
5 Health and Wellness Tips for a “New You” in 2023
- Set specific, achievable goals: Instead of resolving to "be healthier" or "get organized," set specific goals that are achievable and measurable. For example, you might aim to exercise for 30 minutes a day, or to declutter and reorganize one room in your home each week. Having clear goals in mind will help you stay motivated and on track.
- Make a plan: Once you've set your goals, create a plan for achieving them. Break your goals down into smaller, actionable steps and schedule them into your calendar. For example, if your goal is to exercise more, you might plan to go for a walk every morning before work or to attend a yoga class once a week.
- Seek support: It can be helpful to enlist the support of friends, family, or a professional coach or therapist as you work towards your goals. Surrounding yourself with people who can encourage and motivate you can make all the difference. Don’t forget to be that person for others as well!
- Practice self-care: As you focus on creating a new you, don't forget to take care of yourself along the way. This might mean setting aside time for relaxation, getting enough sleep, eating healthy meals, and finding ways to manage stress.
- Be kind to yourself: As you work towards your goals, it's important to be patient and understanding with yourself. Change takes time, and it's okay to have setbacks along the way. Remember to celebrate your progress and accomplishments, no matter how small they may seem.
With these tips in mind, you can start the new year off on the right foot with a personalized physical therapy program that helps you work towards becoming the best version of yourself.
Happy New Year! We can’t wait to partner together to achieve your goals in 2023!